Cheyenne Regional’s Patient Experience team was formed several years ago to work one-on-one with patients and families to accomplish the following important goals:
- Ensure strong connections between our patients, their families and our healthcare teams
- Listen carefully and respond quickly to any concerns our patients may have during or after their hospital stay
- Provide a safe means through which patients may express concerns, problems or questions
- Share patient feedback with the rest of the organization so that we can continually improve our patients’ experience of care
Our focus is to provide every patient with high-quality, compassionate care. We also strive to provide our patients and their families with an exceptional experience during their hospital stay. If you have questions, concerns or compliments related to any of your interactions with Cheyenne Regional providers, employees or volunteers, our Patient Experience team stands ready to help you. Please contact us at (307) 633-7768 or email us at PatientExperience@crmcwy.org.
We will return your call within 24 hours, and often much sooner.
Patient and Family Advisors (PFA)
Want to make a difference in our patients and community members’ lives? Cheyenne Regional Medical Center (CRMC) wants the voice of our patients and their family members to be heard. CRMC is proud to offer three different ways you can volunteer to serve your community as a PFA:
(1) Join the Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC).
(2) Volunteer from home
(3) Participate in Performance Improvement (PI) groups
You can choose to serve in only one of the above three ways, or any combination of the three, whatever your time allows.
PFA Member Criteria
To serve as a PFA, you must have:
- Recent experience as a patient at CRMC or be a patient’s family member
- A willingness to work collaboratively and in an advisory role
- Good listening skills
- A willingness to share your honest opinion
- An ability to interact well with differing groups of people who may have differing opinions
- Respect for others’ perspectives
- A positive, constructive attitude
- An ability to keep personal information confidential
- A desire to make CRMC’s patient experience better
Council members serve as volunteer advisers to CRMC. Council members who are former patients of CRMC can provide a particularly valuable point of view since they have experienced care firsthand. CRMC’s PFAC is composed of patients, patients’ family members, caregivers and healthcare providers who are committed to improving our patients’ experience. The council does this by:
- Providing valuable insights that help guide our efforts to provide exceptional patient- and family-centered care
- Offering guidance that aligns with CRMC’s mission, vision and values
- Focusing on how we can offer a safe, quality, compassionate and positive healthcare experience to each patient
- Providing an additional positive form of accountability for our health system
- Working with our leadership team to evaluate hospital practices, programs and services
- Helping us understand how we can improve overall care and experience
- Helping us develop stronger relationships with the communities we serve
In addition to meeting the PFA member criteria, PFAC members must have:
- An appreciation for the council’s mission
- The ability to participate in regularly scheduled meetings and potential subcommittees
- A willingness to make a two-year commitment
PFAC members should expect to attend eight committee meetings a year. PFAC meetings are held the fourth Thursday of every month beginning at 4pm (excluding the week of Frontier Days).
If you are interested in knowing more about PFAC, please click on the button below to view or download the PFAC Bylaws.PFAC Bylaws
Volunteer from home
Through the comfort of your own home, CRMC may ask you to:
(1) Participate in an interview or survey to get your perspective as a patient or family member
(2) Review educational or marketing materials for readability or understandability
The time commitment should never be more than 15-20 minutes.
Participate in PI Groups
Our PI department is excited to work alongside our patients and family members to better improve our processes. We recognize our patients and family members have a unique and very valuable perspective that can significantly enhance our improvement efforts. Some projects may impact the entire hospital while others may be department specific.
Become a Patient and Family Advisor (PFA)
Ready to volunteer? Call us at (307) 633-7768, e-mail us at PatientExperience@crmcwy.org, or get started with your volunteer application.