Cheyenne Regional (CRMC) offers LPN IV Certification courses. This course is approved by and delivered in accordance with the Wyoming State Board of Nursing (WSBON) scope of practice.
Who should take these courses?
These courses are designed for LPNs who are interested in improving their skills in managing IV therapies
- Ginger Mendoza at (307) 996-4736 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Hubbard at (307) 996-4708 or Amanda.email@example.com
- If you are a CRMC employee, registration is complementary.
- Non-employees will be required to pay a $350 course fee at the time of registration.
- The course book is included in the course fee.
Certification does not expire nor are CEUs required if the LPN IV-C maintains competency
This IV Therapy Course for LPNs establishes acceptable standards and teaches the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively administer and manage IV therapy. Learning objectives include legal aspects of IV therapy, fluid and electrolyte balance, procedure for venipuncture, prevention and assessment of complications, principles of pharmacology as related to IV therapy, and demonstration and practice of required skills.
Participants must possess a current, unencumbered LPN license in the State of Wyoming.
General Course Requirements
The course requires 16 classroom hours and 8 hours of clinical/lab experience.
- Class attendance is mandatory.
- Participants will be required to demonstrate competency in written and practical exams, by receiving a minimum score of 80% on each examination.
- An 8-hour clinical practicum is required.
- Graduates of this course will receive a ‘certificate of completion.’
- Only LPNs who have completed a certified IV therapy course are allowed to administer and manage IV therapy in the State of Wyoming.
We do not currently have any future dates for LPN IV. Please check back at a later date for our 2023 course offerings.
For more information about these courses, please contact:
Ginger Mendoza (307) 996-4736 or firstname.lastname@example.org