LPN IV Certification Courses
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center (CRMC) offers LPN IV Certification courses, approved by and delivered in accordance with the Wyoming State Board of Nursing (WSBON) scope of practice.
An IV Therapy Course for LPNs establishes acceptable standards and teaches the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively administer and manage IV therapy.
Only LPNs who have completed a certified IV therapy course are allowed to administer and manage IV therapy in the State of Wyoming.
Course learning objectives include:
- Legal aspects of IV therapy
- Fluid and electrolyte balance
- Procedure for venipuncture
- Prevention and assessment of complications
- Principles of pharmacology as related to IV therapy
- Demonstration and practice of required skills.
Graduates will receive a certificate of completion.
For more information about these courses, please contact Clinical Education at (307) 996-4736 or by clicking here Amanda Hubbard at (307) 996-4708 or via email by clicking here
Who should take an LPN IV Certification course?
These courses are designed for LPNs who are interested in improving their skills in managing IV therapies
Participants must possess a current, unencumbered LPN license in the State of Wyoming.
General course requirements
The IV Therapy Course course requires 8 classroom hours and 8 virtual learning hours, and includes 8 hours of clinical/lab experience. Additionally:
- Class attendance is mandatory
- Participants will be required to demonstrate competency in written and practical exams by receiving a minimum score of 80% on each examination
- An 8-hour clinical practicum is required
- If you are a CRMC employee, registration is complementary
- If you are not a CRMC employee, your $350 course fee (due at time of registration) includes the cost of your course book
- June 2024 (6/11/2024-6/12/2024)
- August 2024 (8/15/2024-8/16/20204)
- December 2024 (12/17/2024-12/18/2024)
Certification does not expire, nor are CEUs required if the LPN IV-C maintains competency.
How to register for an LPN IV Certification course
Please contact Janelle Thompson (307) 996-4738 or via email by clicking here. You can also contact Clinical Education at (307) 996-4736 or via email by clicking here.