Heartsaver CPR/AED course
About the Heartsaver CPR/AED Course
Offered through Cheyenne Regional Medical Center, the Heartsaver CPR/AED course teaches:
- Basic adult CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use
- Techniques for relieving choking in an adult, child and infant
- Critical skills and knowledge needed to respond to a medical emergency in the first few minutes until trained medical staff arrive
Once you’ve registered for the course, an e-mail will be sent to you two (2) weeks prior to the course start date. It will contain vital information about what to expect in the class, so please make sure to check your email.
If you have further questions about the Heartsaver CPR/AED Course, please contact Amanda Hubbard at (307) 996-4736 or click here to contact Amanda via email.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for ancillary CRMC staff members that have limited medical training. Please check your job description to determine which course fits your needs.
Please note: This is not a BLS-certification course.
To complete your Heartsaver CPR course, follow these steps:
- Enroll in a First Aid course via HealthStream or by calling CRMC Clinical Education
- Prior to the course start date:
- Obtain a course manual (there are no prerequisites for this course)
- Course manuals are available through CRMC’s AHA Library, and will be available to you one month prior to the start of your course
- Course manuals may only be checked out through the Clinical Education Department (from CRMC’s AHA Library)
- Please note: Employees may not check out course manuals for other employees.
- On the day of the course, wear comfortable, work-appropriate clothing
- Once you’ve completed your course, no further action is required
- Upon successful completion of your Heartsaver CPR course, e-card viewing invitations will be emailed to your work email address within seven business days of the course date, unless otherwise noted by the instructor
- CRMC has switched to AHA e-cards for all initial certifications
For non-CRMC employees, course fees are outlined below.
- Heartsaver: $50
- Heartsaver with First Aid: $80
Your AHA Heartsaver CPR/AED certification will expire two years from the last day of the month in which you completed the course.
How to register for the Heartsaver CPR/AED Course
The registration freeze for this course is two (2) weeks prior to the course date.
- CRMC employees: Please register via your HealthStream account (the course is titled “HeartSaver Heartcode – CPR/AED”)
- Non-CRMC employees: Please contact Amanda Hubbard at (307) 996-4736 or click here to contact Amanda via email