New Employee Orientation Materials
Welcome, and congratulations on your new position at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center! We’re pleased to offer what we believe will be an excellent new employee experience.
Our nursing staff is excited to work with you, and these pages will provide both you (as a new employee) and your preceptor with all the training materials needed for nursing orientation.
If you have any questions, concerns, or additional learning needs during your time with us at CRMC, please don’t hesitate to speak with a clinical educator.
What to expect
Your orientation will consist of many distinct learning opportunities:
- Obtaining certifications as required by your department
- Online learning through computer work
- On-the-job training with a one-on-one preceptor
- Shadow experiences with other departments/disciplines
- Frequent check-ins with your manager and educator
Online training: Types of learning events
Every new CRMC employee is assigned general orientation education and competency. Additionally, you’ll receive department-specific orientation education and competency.
If you are transferring departments, you will only receive the unit-specific education and competency.
Online training consists of three types of learning events: Educational modules, competency statements, and interactive checklists.
1. Education Modules in HealthStream
In the “My Learning” tab of HealthStream, you’ll be assigned education and learning events. These trainings are designed to help you learn what is expected of CRMC employees and lay the foundation for competency performance. They should be completed prior to signing off your competency statement.
Education Modules are divided into three groups:
- The first group of education modules will be assigned to you to complete during the New Employee Experience.
- These modules must be completed prior to reporting to your unit, as they cover rapid regulatory compliance issues and are hospital-wide
- The second group of educational modules are general educational modules and are assigned to all RNs, LPNs, or CNAs
- The final group of educational modules are the unit-specific modules and will cover topics specific to your discipline in your department
2. Competency Statements
Both you and your preceptor will need to sign off competency statements below, validating that you are able to perform your job duties.
Many of the competency statements require you to write an essay or narrate how you are able to meet this element of performance.
As part of your orientation, you’ll need to complete the appropriate competency statement(s) below. Click the link to download the file:
3. Interactive Checklists
Many of the education modules have interactive checklists which capture new employee performance. You must open and review these checklists before they’re visible for your preceptor to sign off.