The mission of Cheyenne Regional Injury Prevention is to reduce the number of unintentional injuries in Wyoming children and adolescents.
Each year, the Injury Prevention program hosts numerous education and service events including:
- Annual Children’s Safety Fair
- Bicycle safety/helmet distribution activities
- Child passenger safety trainings (for current technicians and new recruits)
- Child passenger safety seat check-up events
- Pedestrian safety campaign, including “Walk A Child To School Day”
- Permanent child safety seat inspection station, located at
- Water safety, gun safety and fall safety activities
For more information about Cheyenne Regional Injury Prevention, please contact our Injury Prevention Coordinator at (307) 633-7525.
Grant awards and cooperative agreements
Cheyenne Regional Injury Prevention is a robust program due to grant awards and cooperative agreements with:
- CRMC Auxiliary
- Kohl’s Department Store
- Sam’s Club
- State Farm
- Suncor Energy
- Wyoming Department of Health
- Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) Highway Safety
The Cheyenne Regional Foundation acts as the fiscal agent for all Injury Prevention grants.