Safe Kids Laramie County
In 2000, the Cheyenne Regional Foundation, along with the Wyoming Department of Health, formally became a co-sponsor of Safe Kids Wyoming. Safe Kids Laramie County is led by Cheyenne Regional Medical Center, which provides dedicated and caring staff, operation support and other resources to help keep Wyoming kids safe.
To support the needs of our community, Safe Kids Laramie County provides evidence-based programs—including car-seat checkups, safety workshops and sports clinics—that help parents and caregivers prevent childhood injuries.
For more information on the services available through Safe Kids Laramie county, please contact Safe Kids Laramie County at (307) 432-2679.
Topics you can learn about through Safe Kids Laramie County
- Bicycle Safety: Children are properly fitted for bicycle helmets, provided through events at local schools and events in the community by trained personnel.
- Bike Rodeos: Ask about scheduling this fun, interactive activity to help children learn safe bicycle skills! Using a fully equipped trailer, the rodeos are available for use at schools, boy and girl scout troops, churches and at other community events.
- Child Passenger Safety: Certified Car Seat Technicians teach parents and caregivers the proper installation of child restraint devices, as well as share information on related state laws and best practices regarding transportation of minors.
- Parents and caregivers can register to have their child’s car seats inspected at no cost. To make an appointment, call (307) 432-2679
- Fall Prevention: Safe Kids Laramie County can help children identify possible dangers and promote prevention methods.
- Fire Prevention: Children are taught about preventing accidental fires and handling fire and smoke emergencies. Smoke detectors are distributed and made available at a cost.
- Health Fairs: Safe Kids Laramie County can provide volunteers, written materials, safety devices and injury prevention information to various agencies and community groups, as requested.
- Pedestrian Safety: Children are taught about street signs and their significance, as well as techniques for safe street crossing and the importance of obeying pedestrian laws.
- Poison Prevention: Safe Kids Laramie County can educate parents and guardians to identify and properly store materials that may pose hazards to children and others, plus raise awareness of Poison Control hotlines.
- Special Needs Occupant Protection Program: This program promotes injury prevention and advocates for the safety and protection of all children with special needs and their families while riding in motor vehicles. Specialized trained hospital personnel are available for consults.
- Sport Safety: Safe Kids Laramie County can support local coaches of sport organizations and schools by providing education to students regarding safety devices and their proper use while engaging in sports and physical activities.
- Violence Prevention: Safe Kids Laramie County can participate with other local agencies in addressing possible triggers and teach responsible and safe resolution to conflict.
- Water Safety: Children are taught safety rules, dangers in and around water, and what to do in case of emergencies through role playing.