How you plan to feed your baby is an important decision for both you and your little one. Our Certified Lactation Counselors (CLC) and International Board-Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) offer breastfeeding classes to help you make this decision and prepare for breastfeeding once your baby is here. Click below to view our breastfeeding calendar and call (307) 633-7803 to register for one of our classes.Sign up for a breastfeeding class
Our goal is to help you and your baby become successful at breastfeeding!
All of our staff nurses are trained to assist you and your infant during your hospital stay.
We also have an excellent lactation support team that can help during your hospital stay and long after. They can advise you about any breastfeeding issues or concerns you may have, including breastfeeding after surgery or if you are taking a prescribed medication.
The lactation team is available by appointment, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., seven days a week.
You can reach them by calling (307) 633-7567.
- Please review our Lactation Services brochure for basic information as well as a list of community resources.
- Cheyenne Regional supports Skin to Skin contact immediately after delivery to promote bonding and breastfeeding.
- Hand expression of breastmilk may be taught by our nursing staff during your hospital stay to stimulate your milk supply. This video provides a demonstration.
- Breast pumps are normally covered by insurance as part of comprehensive women’s health services. Contact your insurance provider to find out more details.
- Handling and storage of breast milk can be done easily and safely by following some basic guidelines.