January 27, 2022
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center is committed to being here for our community, to provide trusted healthcare locally and to be a leader in our region and our state as we inspire great health. This past year has been a difficult one for Cheyenne Regional and for healthcare systems across our state, region and nation as we continue to take on the challenges brought on by COVID-19. At the heart of all we do are our employees and medical staff. They have been working tirelessly and heroically. Their dedication and commitment to providing great healthcare during this pandemic is nothing short of extraordinary.
And while the pandemic seems all-encompassing, so much more continues to go on at Cheyenne Regional. We became the first and remain the only ANCC Magnet Hospital in Wyoming, the highest distinction for nursing care. Interventional cardiologists from our CRMG Heart & Vascular Institute were also the first in Wyoming to perform a specialized procedure to close a small hole between the upper chambers of a patient’s heart, to help prevent blood clots and the possibility of a cryptogenic stroke. Our focus on quality care also resulted in several other recognitions in 2021, including the following:
- Designation by Healthgrades as one of America’s 250 Best Hospitals
- Designation by Healthgrades as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for General Surgery and Coronary Intervention
- Healthgrades Excellence Awards for pulmonary care, stroke care, general surgery and coronary intervention.
- The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® – Heart Failure Gold Plus with Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll Achievement Award
- The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® – Stroke Gold Plus with Honor Roll and Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll Achievement Award
- Recertification as a Primary Stoke Center by The Joint Commission
In addition to all our work on providing high-quality care locally, we are also dedicated to being a leader in technology and innovation. This coming year we will open a brand-new Mother/Baby unit to serve the over 1,000 deliveries that take place in our hospital each year. To better serve our oncology patients, we are installing a new linear accelerator to provide some of the most current technology in radiation therapy along with a new positron emission tomography (PET) scanner to help identify and detect cancer. Our total investment in capital, equipment and infrastructure will total well over $100 million in the next five years.
I want to close by saying thank you. Thank you to the highly talented and dedicated women and men who work at Cheyenne Regional. And thank you to our community for standing by us and supporting us with the trust you place in our health system to take care of you.
President & CEO
Cheyenne Regional Health System
P.S. Many more of our achievements in 2021 are featured in the “CRMC Magazine: 2021 Year in Review.” Please click here to see a copy of the magazine.