Kidney care, also known as Nephrology is the treatment of kidney diseases such as chronic urinary tract infections, polycystic kidney disease and even kidney stones. Other diseases and illnesses, such as high blood pressure and diabetes, can also affect kidney health.
Our nephrologists have extensive education, training and experience in treating kidney diseases and hypertension and their associated conditions, including:
- Management of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and other kidney illnesses
- Treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Care of patients requiring dialysis
- Management of anemia related to CKD
- Pre-operative evaluation for patients before a kidney transplant and coordinated care for patients after a kidney transplant
- Non-surgical treatment and prevention of kidney stones