Heart Attack Warning Signs
If you are experiencing symptoms, call 911.
Common heart attack warning signs and symptoms include:
- Squeezing sensation in the chest
- Tightening or burning in the chest
- Sudden, intense shortness of breath
- Pain radiating to the left shoulder, arm, back, teeth, or jaw
- Nausea, vomiting, fainting, or intense sweating
Women are somewhat more likely than men to experience other common symptoms as well, particularly shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting, and back or jaw pain.