The Nurse Residency Application is now closed and will reopen February 28, 2020.
What is the Nurse Residency Program?
- The Nurse Residency Program at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center provides an opportunity for new nurse graduates to be supported and integrated into the hospital culture as they transition from student to Registered Nurse. The program offers an extended preceptorship, as well as multiple seminars that help to assimilate the new Nurse Residents into the hospital ethos, and grow them into capable nurses. The Nurse Residency seminars are based around critical thinking, professional development, skill development, therapeutic relationships, team building, and energy management. The blending of ongoing mentorship with skill and competency building, fosters a connection to their employment and their peers bridging the gap from student to Registered Nurse.
The Nurse Residency Program is a year-long program that includes:
- Paid one-to-one Preceptor- New Graduate orientation experience on the clinical unit you are hired to.
- Specialty training designed for new Registered Nurses in the settings of classroom, skills lab, simulation lab, and sometimes even outdoors.
- Paid Nurse Residency sessions provided by subject matter experts.
- Participation in an evidence-based learning project in which you have the opportunity to better patient care, learn more about your resources, and improve nursing practice within the organization.
- The same medical, dental, vision, retirement, short-term disability (etc.) benefits that are offered to every other CRMC employee. Cheyenne Regional Employee Benefits
Why choose to participate in the Nurse Residency Program?
- Cheyenne Regional’s Nurse Residency Program is developed by experts in the Nursing profession. The program is designed to effectively support new Graduate Nurses as they transition into their first professional roles as Registered Nurses in the acute care or specialty setting.
Graduates of this one-year program:
- Gain clinical autonomy at the point of patient care
- Are able to incorporate evidence-based practice to advance safe, high-quality nursing.
- Develop a strengthened commitment to nursing as a career choice
- Develop inter-departmental and inter-disciplinary professional relationships
Click on the link below to find out what former Nurse Residents have to say about the program in the Wyoming Nurse Reporter.
Wyoming Nurse Reporter
Do I qualify to apply for the Nurse Residency Program?
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Graduated, or soon to graduate, from an accredited school of Nursing (BSN, ADN, Diploma, or Accelerated)
- Less than a year of employment in the position of an RN
- Successful completion of the NCLEX-RN prior to start date
- Current unencumbered Compact RN License that covers the state of WY
How do I apply to the Nurse Residency Program?
Before submitting your application to the Nurse Residency Program, please complete the following steps:
- Create a cover letter for your resume that includes the following information
a. Your name, address, phone number, and email address
b. Your Nursing Degree Type (ADN, Co-Enrolled in BSN Program, BSN, MSN)
c. Cumulative Nursing School GPA
d. What units/departments you are interested in working in
e. What knowledge set, skill set, and attitudes do you have that would make you a valuable member of your desired areas.
Please note: If you select ICU, ED, or Women and Children’s as your top choices of placement, be aware that these are highly desired areas with very limited positions.
- Collect any letters of recommendation from clinical instructors, preceptors, or current supervisors (please limit to 3 max)
- Collect a copy of your unofficial transcript
- Compile your cover letter, letters of recommendation, resume, and your unofficial transcript into one document (This will be emailed to email@example.com)
- Complete the online Nurse Residency Application
a. Go to cheyenneregional.org
b. Selection ‘Careers’ from the menu at the top of the page
c. Click on ‘Job Search’ (left column) and select ‘Nursing’
d. Scroll to the bottom of the page to view open positions
e. Click on the open position title ‘RN Nurse Resident’
***Only complete applications that have included the documents mentioned above will be considered***
What should I expect once I’ve submitted my application?
- After you submit your application you will receive a confirmation email from the organization verifying that your application has been submitted. Please continue to check your email frequently through this process.
- Approximately a week after the application has closed, selected candidates will be called to schedule an interview. If you were not selected for an interview, correspondence may be sent via email.
- In the event that you are chosen for an interview you will be sent a confirmation email with the time and date of your interview as well as directions to the location of you interview via email.
- If you are selected for a position at CRMC you will need to take time to read the Nurse Residency Contract before your start date
For any other questions about the program, please email Tess.Taylor@crmcwy.org
Thank you for your interest in Cheyenne Regional!
Nurse Residency Program Links