Thanks to advances in detection, diagnosis and treatment, more people than ever before are surviving cancer. In order to address the ongoing physical, emotional and social issues that often accompany cancer treatment and survivorship, the need for long-term follow-up care has also grown.
Through Cheyenne Regional Cancer Center’s Survivorship Program, we help patients transition to life beyond cancer by providing support services and specialized medical care.
Life beyond cancer: Cancer survivorship and follow-up care
Following completion of cancer treatment, the patient will meet with a Cheyenne Regional provider whose expertise includes cancer and survivorship care.
A survivorship visit includes:
- An individualized Survivorship Care Plan for the patient and the patient’s primary care physician
- Screening for recurrent or secondary cancers
- Management of cancer and treatment-related side effects
- Referral to community resources, support groups and experts
- Counseling on health promotion and wellness
For more information on the Cheyenne Regional Cancer Center’s Survivorship Program, please call (307) 634-9311.