About the Acute Rehabilitation Unit
The Cheyenne Regional Acute Rehabilitation Unit (ARU) team is committed to helping you achieve the best recovery, including getting you back home and functioning at your best level possible.
While you’re here, you’ll receive nurturing support and physical rehabilitation from a caring team of highly trained, licensed and certified professionals.
Additionally, Cheyenne Regional’s ARU is part of a leading national rehab provider program. This allows us to harness a breadth of resources internally to compare outcomes and quality between facilities and programs, and to share best practices in an effort to stay on the leading edge of patient care.
What conditions do we treat in the ARU?
Common conditions treated by inpatient rehab include (but are not limited to):
- Cardiac conditions
- General medical and debilitating conditions
- Multiple traumas
- Neurological conditions
- Orthopedic conditions
- Pulmonary conditions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Additional rehabilitation services
- Big and Loud (Parkinson’s) therapy
- Cardiac rehab
- Cardiopulmonary services
- Inpatient therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech/language therapy
- Chronic pain of the joints, neck, back
- Electrical stimulation (E-Stim)
- Pain related to trauma, cancer, other
- Physical and psychological assessments
- Post-operative pain
Creating a positive patient experience
When it comes to ensuring the best possible recovery, we take two important factors into account:
- Creating a positive patient experience while you’re in the Cheyenne Regional ARU
- Supporting a positive outcome, as measured against national benchmarks in key therapy areas (length of stay, discharge to community, and functional improvement)
Below, we’ve shared more about the specific services available during your inpatient rehabilitation, all with the goal of enhancing your patient experience in the Cheyenne Regional ARU.
For questions about Cheyenne Regional’s Acute Rehabilitation Unit, please call (307) 633-7310.