Every year Cheyenne Regional Medical Center receives many requests for support from various community groups and organizations. Whether a request is for a cash donation, support for a local program or other community event or opportunity, Cheyenne Regional will do its best to match its limited discretionary funds with community health needs.
Sponsorship proposals are reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Aligns with Cheyenne Regional’s mission, vision, values and strategic plan
- Supports or aligns with Cheyenne Regional’s clinical or strategic priorities
- Aligns with Cheyenne Regional’s strategic growth plans and provides the hospital with visibility in key markets
- Offers a measurable return on investment, either financial or as measured against other priorities using data provided by organization
- Provides high level of visibility for Cheyenne Regional
- Availability of budget
- Organization or event:
- Reaches communities Cheyenne Regional serves
- Reaches diverse and/or underserved populations
- Addresses a documented community need
Sponsorship level will be determined based on strategic considerations and number of criteria met. Additionally, proposals are evaluated for:
- Tangible benefits associated with the partnership
- Opportunity to create long-term value
- Ability to reach targeted audiences and build relationships
- Positive exposure for Cheyenne Regional’s brand
- Potential to be leveraged with additional resource investment
Ineligible Activities (but not limited to)
- Requests that benefit an individual person or family
- Religious activities, in whole or in part, for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine
- Travel expenses
- Door prizes or raffles
- General operating expenses
- Political candidates or organizations
- Capital or equipment
- Film or documentary productions
- Memorials or endowments
- Funding that benefits a for-profit organization.
Sponsorship considerations will be given to the following (but not limited to):
- Community healthcare-related events
- Event participation or contribution
- Fundraising dinners
- Community service/development organizations
- School fundraisers
- Cultural programs/events
- Logo items/giveaways
- Internal and external requests
Contributions also may include staff time, meeting space and other non-financial resources for projects and activities that support our giving priorities.
- Sponsorships for national organizations must be centered on a local or regional event.
- Legislative advocacy groups, endowment funds, multiple-year pledge campaigns and annual fund drives will not be considered through this fund.
- Cheyenne Regional will not fund religious, fraternal, political or labor organizations; individuals or individual endeavors.
- Requests must provide direct health-related or community benefit.
- External agencies and organizations requesting use of property must show proof of liability insurance.
- Cheyenne Regional will not grant annual, automatic contributions to any organizations. Annual requests must be resubmitted.
Note: Sponsorship is not advertising.
Priority will be given to:
- Not-for-profit organizations (for-profit organizations are ineligible for sponsorship funding)
- Activities that specifically support the Cheyenne Regional mission and strategic initiatives
- Fundraising events for organizations that have close relationships with Cheyenne Regional’s clinical programs, specifically its key service lines such as oncology, cardiology, orthopedics, behavioral health, pediatrics, etc.
- Requests that provide positive public awareness of the health system’s services
- Activities that address key population health improvement initiatives in the areas Cheyenne Regional serves
- Activities that promote public awareness in the areas that Cheyenne Regional serves
- Activities of not-for-profit organizations that promote economic development within Cheyenne Regional’s service region
- Schools and neighborhood organizations that are in geographic proximity to Cheyenne Regional facilities
How to Apply:
- All sponsorship requests are to be made at least 120 days prior to the event or deadline.
- Online forms can be completed by the requesting party.
- Hard copy applications may be requested through Administration or the Marketing Department.
Submissions are received and evaluated on an ongoing basis. Decisions are based on consistency with the Cheyenne Regional mission, vision, values, strategic initiatives and funding availability.
Due to availability of funds, requests may be denied even if they meet the listed criteria.
All funding requests will be submitted and reviewed by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or System Operational Council (SOC) for consideration. All decisions made by the CEO or SOC are final.
This process is in place to ensure that all applications are evaluated equally and fulfill our mission, vision, values and strategic plan.