Being diagnosed with a life-limiting illness can be the most difficult thing to hear. At Cheyenne Regional, patients and their families can make the most of the time they have left together. Our expert hospice team provides comfort, pain and symptom management, and emotional and spiritual support for patients that have decided, with the support of their physician and family members, to forego further curative treatment in favor of comfort measures. Hospice is hope – hope for pain relief, daily comfort and closure with loved ones.
Hospice care is appropriate when:
- The goal is comfort and quality of life
- The patient is diagnosed with a life-ending illness
- Further aggressive treatments to sustain life are no longer beneficial
- Hospice is a benefit of Medicare/Medicaid and many private insurance policies. However, we will not deny services for patients without insurance.
Davis Hospice Center
Address6000 Sycamore Rd.
Cheyenne, WY 82009
We provide outpatient care in private homes and assisted living and skilled nursing facilities. Our outpatient team works with and educates family and caregivers on symptom management and improving the quality of life for the patient.
While many patients wish to receive care at home, sometimes this is not an option. Surrounded by pristine landscaping and tranquil waterfalls, we offer a dignified and comfortable inpatient atmosphere at our Davis Hospice Center.
Designed with the needs of patients and families in mind, we offer:
- 12 private patient suites in three cottages
- Window seating adaptable for sleeping family members
- Private 100-square-foot bathrooms
- Abundant natural light and airy spaces with high-vaulted ceilings
- Family kitchen to cook and dine together
- Spacious lounges and sleeping accommodations for family and visitors
- Living and dining rooms for social activities
- Library, fireside areas and a serenity room for quiet retreats
Hospice care provides a sense of confidence and a network of support for caregivers. Your team includes:
- Home health aides
- Social workers
This teamwork approach allows us to treat the patient and the family as a unit of care – mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Volunteers provide emotional support, respite care, meal preparation, shopping and helping with correspondence for patients and family members.
Patients have access to an on-call staff, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our care does not stop with the death of a patient. We offer confidence and kindness in the healing process, including bereavement programs and services to help survivors. We offer a comprehensive 13 months of follow-up care for identified family members and friends who request our help.
Volunteer to Help
Hospice volunteers are fully trained to provide support to patients, families and friends. They are caring, emotionally mature and committed to the mission of hospice care. Volunteers assist with emotional and spiritual support, respite care, light housekeeping, meal preparation, reading and writing.
Hospice Volunteers Are Needed!
Hospice is looking for caring individuals who are committed to the Hospice mission. Patient care, office assistance and other help is needed. Please give us a call or stop by the Davis Hospice Center (6000 Sycamore Road in Cheyenne) for an application packet. Volunteer orientation classes are offered regularly.
For more information, please contact the Hospice Volunteer Coordinator, at (307) 633-7024.