Cheyenne Regional Medical Center to Allow Two Designated Visitors per Patient (Effective April 26)
Cheyenne, WY—Cheyenne Regional Medical Center officials announced today that the hospital’s visitor restrictions will be eased on April 26 due to the stabilization of COVID-19 metrics in the community.
CRMC Visitor Policy Updates, Effective April 26 at 7 a.m.
- Two designated visitors will be permitted for each patient for the entirety of the patient’s stay at CRMC.
- Patients with COVID-19 will not be allowed visitors.
- If you have recently been exposed to COVID-19, or have tested positive for COVID-19, you will not be permitted to be a designated visitor.
- Visiting hours at the West campus (main hospital) are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sunday through Saturday.
- Visiting hours at the East campus are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday and Sunday.
- All visitors will be screened for temperature, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and exposure to COVID-19.
- All visitors will be required to wear a face mask, socially distance and practice proper hand hygiene by washing with soap and water or using hand sanitizer.
- No visitors under the age of 16 are allowed.
- No visitors are allowed in Behavioral Health Services due to social distancing limitations in this area.
Mother/Baby and Pediatrics: Main support person can remain the entire patient stay (24 hours a day). The second visitor is permitted during designated visiting hours (7 a.m. – 7 p.m.).
Other visitation exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
At the West campus, the visitor/patient screening entrance is located on the west side of CRMC’s south parking garage. At the East campus, the visitor/patient screening entrance is located at the main entrance on the south side of the building.
CRMC’s emergency department is open for emergency care 24/7. The main entrance to the emergency department is located at the corner of Warren Avenue and 23rd Street.
CRMC’s visitor policy will continue to be reviewed and modified as needed to ensure the safety and well-being of CRMC patients, visitors, employees and medical staff.
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19, follow the public health safety guidelines:
- Stay home when you are sick (even if you just feel “a little sick”).
- Wear a face covering when you are inside any public place or can’t maintain a social distance of at least six feet.
- Maintain a social distance of at least six feet from others who are not part of your immediate household.
- Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face.
- Avoid gatherings of people from outside your immediate household.
- Get a flu shot.