October 26, 2023
Cheyenne, WY—Cheyenne Regional Medical Center (CRMC) officials announced today that the hospital has achieved numerous accolades for clinical excellence, according to new research released by Healthgrades, a leading resource consumers use to find a hospital or doctor.
Among CRMC’s distinctions are five new awards, including Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Surgery in 2024 and Top 5% in the Nation for Gastrointestinal Surgery in 2024. Additional recognitions for 2024 include two Healthgrades Excellence Awards for Pulmonary Care and Surgical Care and Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures.
“I’m incredibly proud of our team for continuing to grow and enhance the care we provide,” said Tim Thornell, CRMC’s president and chief executive officer. “These new awards demonstrate how we want to excel in all our specialties and bring the people of Laramie County and our surrounding areas the best care we can.”
CRMC also received the following recognitions for 2024:
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Pulmonary Services
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Gastrointestinal Surgery for 6 Years in a Row (2019-2024)
- Named Among the Top 10% of Hospitals in the Nation for Surgical Care
- Recipient of the Gastrointestinal Surgery Excellence Award for 6 Years in a Row (2019-2024)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack for 6 Years in a Row (2019-2024)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 10 Years in a Row (2015-2024)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia for 13 Years in a Row (2012-2024)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Bowel Obstruction for 5 Years in a Row (2020-2024)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pulmonary Embolism for 2 Years in a Row (2023-2024)
Healthgrades evaluates hospitals solely on clinical outcomes that include risk-adjusted mortality and complications. By focusing on what matters most—patient outcomes—Healthgrades ratings provide critical feedback for both patients and hospitals. By offering easy access to objective performance measures, Healthgrades gives consumers the information they need to find a hospital that excels in providing the care they need.
“Their dedication, expertise and tireless efforts has made Cheyenne Regional Medical Center a national leader in providing high-quality care to all patients,” said Brad Bowman, MD, chief medical officer and head of data science at Healthgrades.
Consumers can visit Healthgrades.com to learn more about how Healthgrades measures hospital quality and to access a patient-friendly overview of how CRMC rates and why hospital quality matters here.
(Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPAR data for years 2020 through 2022 and represent three-year estimates for Medicare patients only. Click here to view the complete 2024 Specialty Awards and Ratings Methodology.)