Synapse Workstation Requirements
The Synapse software application is based upon ActiveX components that can be downloaded easily from a server within the hospital or enterprise. Internet browsers other than Microsoft’s Internet Explorer should not be installed. Other Microsoft compatible software programs that are generally used for personal, office or healthcarebusiness applications can normally co-reside with Synapse. Personal games, unmonitored surfing on the web and frequent user manipulations of Windows properties may negatively affect Synapse performance and are not recommended. Real time scanning of antivirus software will also negatively affect the performance of image display time. Most enterprise network workstations are ‘locked down’ and require network, local administrator or power user access rights to install the Synapse client, uninstall the client or make workstation setup and configuration changes.
Operating Systems Supported
- Operating System Vendor Browser Comments
- Windows XP Professional,
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP2
- Internet Explorer 7.0
- Video card and/or PC should support
- Synapse Version 3.2.1
Synapse workstation uses
- 15MB per/single Standard resolution Fuji CR (FCR) image for display.
- Other modality image types may use more or less memory. (CT, MRI, US, and Interventional)
- The suggested minimum physical memory size is 512MB.
- If more than 8 FCR (General X-Ray) images on the same monitor at the same time, additional memory of 128MB for every 8 images is recommended.
CPU (Processor) Requirements
- The CPU of the workstation running Synapse workstation software must be a minimum Pentium-II or newer.
- Certain image processing features may not operate correctly for Pentium PRO and base Pentium CPU’s.
- Synapse workstation software is not supported on any 386 or 486 processor.
- Single CPU Intel Pentium II, Pentium III, Pentium IV, Xeon, Celeron, Pentium D,
Disk Drive Requirements
On multi-user workstations the amount of disk space required to hold user profiles and cached files can become quite large.
FUJIFILM Medical Systems USA, Inc. recommends careful planning of disk sizing to prevent the drive from becoming full by taking into consideration the disk space usage of local versus roaming profiles, IE cache settings along with other application requirements.
Display Mode Support
- Synapse workstation supports the following Video display modes.
- Synapse does not function correctly if the display mode is other than the listed.
- Full Color – 24Bit or greater
- Static Gray Scale provided by DOME Imaging adapters.
- Some Icons and characters are not visible. This may be noticeable on Help
General Video Card Guidelines
- Either 24bit or 32bit color must be supported
- Refresh rate should be at least 70Hz in the color/resolution mode (Monitor must support this refresh as well)
- Windows Direct Draw should be supported.
Workstation Requirements Summary
- 512MB RAM (1024MB Recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP2 (Required).
- Active Desktop (Required).
- Video system capable of 1024 X 768 resolution and 24 bit color or greater (Required)