Hospital Week, Memory Capsule
The Time of COVID-19
Everyone has had their own experiences and thoughts surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. There has been fear, stress, anxiety, annoyance, a sense of slow down, togetherness and even a renewed sense of love and joy. Everyone’s experiences have been different.
During hospital week as well as the week before, we want ALL of our employees to have the opportunity to take part in CRMC history. You can do so by writing a story, jotting down your feelings, drawing a picture or adding a photo, to be placed in our time capsule (AKA, COVID-19 memory capsule). After hospital week these letters, stories and personal experiences will be stored in this locked capsule and displayed in a glass case as a reminder of this time in our lives. What you submit is personal to you, but will also serve as a lesson in history for people far into the future that get the opportunity to open this capsule.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION:
- Open to ALL employees – help us fill up the memory capsule!
- Tell a story, share your feelings, draw a picture or share a photo – it’s up to you.
- Deliver to one of our drop-off locations/times AND you will also receive a raffle ticket for your chance to win our “memory basket” during hospital week. These dates align with our Hospital Week festivities that will be announced soon!
- Monday, May 3, 9-10 a.m., West Campus Cafeteria
- Wednesday, May 5, 9-10 a.m., East Campus Lobby
- Wednesday, May 5, 6:30-8 p.m., West Campus Cafeteria
- Friday, May 7, 9-11 a.m., West Campus Lobby
- Sunday, May 9, 6:30-8 p.m., West Campus Lobby
- Monday, May 10, 12-1 p.m., Human Resources at the Plaza on 20th St.
- Monday, May 10, 2-4 p.m., West Campus Lobby, (aligns with food drive)
- Tuesday, May 11, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., West Campus Lobby,(aligns with media event)
- Wednesday, May 12, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Cancer Center lawn on 25th, (near the food trucks).
- Thursday, May 13, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., East Campus back parking lot,(near the food trucks).
- Friday, May 14, 11-1, Davis Hospice Center, Sycamore Rd., (near the food trucks).
- If you would like to participate and cannot make any of the drop-off times, please contact Hillary Hardy in marketing (Hillary.email@example.com or 307-221-5186).
The capsule that these memories will permanently live in is heavier than anticipated. Due to its size we cannot transport this capsule to each off-site drop location for viewing, but we will have it on display in the lobby beginning May 3 until the end of hospital week. If you take your stories and letters to one of our other drop locations, our marketing team will transport your stories and letters securely to the capsule at the west building. If you would prefer to drop off your memory and see the capsule in person, you are welcome to do so.
These are your thoughts and memories – no one else’s. We hope that all employees find this helpful and healing. We thank you for all you have endured personally and professionally.