- Swallowing disorders (dysphagia) are feeding and swallowing difficulties, which may that can happen as a result of Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), neurodegenerative disorders (i.e. Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Huntington’s Disease), Head and Neck Cancer, and medical complexity (i.e. trachs, prolonged intubation, debility).
- SLPs assess and treat swallowing disorders through use of a variety of treatment strategies including:
- Swallow exercise program training
- Neuromuscular stimulation (VitalStim, NMES, etc.)
- Diet modifications
- Compensatory Strategy training
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center / Services / Speech-Language Therapy / Swallowing Evaluation and Treatment