- Also known as a Videofluoroscopic Swallowing Study (VFSS)
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies can be done with both adults and infants/children at our hospital.
- Radiology procedure that provides a direct, dynamic view of the anatomy, physiology and biomechanics of the following:
- Oral stage (mouth and tongue)
- Pharyngeal stage (throat, back of tongue)
- Upper esophagus during swallowing
- Outpatient procedure that typically task 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Thorough evaluation that helps determination neuromuscular function to drive treatment and help make recommendations for diet textures and strategies to help with swallow safety.
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center / Services / Speech-Language Therapy / Modified Barium Swallow Studies