Cheyenne Regional Medical Center offers a support group for stroke survivors and their caregivers. The group is a safe and welcoming environment focused on helping participants overcome challenges by sharing experiences and encouraging one another. Meetings promote forming friendships, adjusting to new situations and helping others. Education and discussion allow members to gain realistic feedback in their journey as a survivor or as a caregiver.
- Where: Meetings are held at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center’s East Campus
- 2600 East 18th Street, Cheyenne, WY 82001
- When: 1st Tuesday of every month, 6-7 pm
- Who: Any adult survivor of a stroke. The spouse, a partner, a friend and / or a caregiver are also welcome.
- What: Topics may include kinds of strokes, changes after a stroke, therapy options, the grief process and how to cope after a stroke. Group members are encouraged to bring ideas for topics and speakers. Resources and agendas are provided by the group facilitator.