Cheyenne Regional offers both initial certification and recertification BLS courses through the American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines. During this course, students will be taught basic life support techniques that can be used in case of an emergency, to help promote adequate blood circulation and breathing until more advanced resuscitative measures can be implemented.
Who should take this course?
This class is for healthcare providers and professionals who require basic life support certification. Students must be over the age of 16 to attend this course.
For non-CRMC employees, course fees are outlined below.
- New BLS Certification – $70 (book is included in course fee)
- BLS Re-Certification (Heartcode) – $65 (+ $20 book)
Steps to Enroll
- CRMC employees
- Please register via your HealthStream account (search “BLS” in courses)
- Non-CRMC employees
- Please contact Amanda Hubbard at (307) 996-4736 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you’ve registered for a course, an e-mail will be sent to you two (2) weeks prior to the course start date. It will contain vital information about what to expect in the class. Please make sure to check your email.
- The registration freeze for this course is two (2) weeks prior to the course date.
Your Basic Life Support (BLS) certification will expire two years from the last day of the month in which you completed the course.
BLS Initial Certification Course
The BLS initial certification course is a 4-hour, live course. Course manuals are required. CRMC employees may check out a course manual through CRMC’s AHA Library. Course manuals are available for check-out one month prior to the course date.
Follow these steps to complete your initial BLS Certification Course
- Enroll in a BLS course via HealthStream (“Basic Life Support- BLS (Initial Certification)”).
- Pre-Course Preparation
- Obtain a course book (there are no prerequisites for this course).
- Course books are available through CRMC’s AHA Library, and will be available to you one month prior to the start of your course.
- Course books may only be checked out through the Clinical Education Department (from CRMC’s AHA Library).
- Employees may not check out course books for other employees.
- On the day of the course, come prepared.
- Wear comfortable, work-appropriate clothing.
- Once you’ve completed your course, no further action is required.
CRMC has switched to AHA e-cards for all initial certifications. Upon successful completion of your BLS Certification course, e-card viewing invitations will be emailed to your work email address within seven business days of the course date, unless otherwise noted by the instructor.
If you have further questions about the course, please contact Amanda Hubbard at (307) 996-4736 or email@example.com or the course director, Angela Kelley, at (307) 996-4732 or firstname.lastname@example.org).