Cheyenne Regional’s Continuing Medical Education (CME) committee is dedicated to providing diverse, multidisciplinary educational opportunities that will broaden perspective, enhance professional competence and performance, and improve patient outcomes.
Cheyenne Regional works in partnership with the Colorado Medical Society to issue approved continuing education (CME) hours to providers for learning events.
Continuing Education Hours Request Application Process
The application for continuing education hours (CMEs for physicians) must be initiated a minimum of 2 months prior to the event. Please complete the application and all of the steps outlined below. Once you have completed the application, please e-mail all your materials to Colleen Rodgers (at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Follow these steps to receive continuing education hours for your learning event:
1. Complete the CME application 2 months prior to CME learning event. Email Colleen Rodgers (at email@example.com) for the application form.
2. Include the following documents with the CME application
- Speaker’s Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- The speaker’s CV is similar to a resume in that it is a written overview of a person’s experience and other qualifications. It should highlight that person’s career accomplishments and any specialty training he or she has received, as well as any publications he or she has written for or been featured in.
- Signed disclosure forms for the speaker and anyone else who is participating in completing the CME application.
- PowerPoint presentations that will be used during the presentation (with disclosure statements)
- Evaluations with objectives of topics listed
- Completed evaluation template
- NOTE: On all communication materials and marketing materials you intend to use for your continuing education activity, you must include the following statement: “Cheyenne Regional Medical Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Western Multi-State Division, an accredited approver American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.”
2. Once your application and supplemental forms have been received, they will be reviewed by the approval committee. If deemed necessary, application materials may be returned to you for revision. Final materials will need to be submitted no later than 2 weeks prior to the activity.
3. Post Activity Follow-up:
- The requestor is required to submit the following pieces of information immediately after the learning event has occurred. Requestor will have one (1) week after the CME activity to turn in the required documents.
- Individual physician evaluation forms and their completed CME credit request forms.
- Evaluation tabulation summary and analysis of change results
- Evaluation Summary form
- Excel spreadsheet with attendee names, email addresses and hours awarded
If you have any questions regarding the application process or otherwise, please contact Colleen Rodgers (at firstname.lastname@example.org).