Cheyenne Regional (CRMC) offers a complete Trauma Nursing Care Course (TNCC) in accordance with the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) guidelines. This course enables staff to gain new knowledge, improve critical thinking skills, and receive hands-on training to help them provide expert care for trauma patients. TNCC is a two-day course and requires pre-course preparation work that must be completed prior to attending the live course.
Who should take the course?
Only Registered Nurses will receive a TNCC verification card. All other licensed personal may take this course and audit the course for knowledge and content but may not become verified.
*TNCC is not required for all job descriptions within CRMC. Before signing up for a TNCC course, please check with your manager for approval.
- Course fees for CRMC employees:
- Speak with your manager about fees associated with taking the course.
- A new certification fee of $225 will be charged at registration.
- A course book will be provided to each enrolled student. A student may purchase an additional book for $73.
To enroll in this course, please follow the steps below.
- CRMC employees: Register within your HealthStream account.
- Non-employees: Please contact Paula Pyc (at (307) 996-4736 or email@example.com).
- The registration freeze for this course is two weeks prior to the course date.
- After you register for the course, you will receive an email 30 days prior to the start-date of your course. This email will contain vital information about how you’ll need to prepare and what you should expect during the course. Please make sure to check your email.
Your TNCC verification card is valid for four years, and will expire the last day of the month in which you completed the course.
TNCC Course Completion Steps
- If you are a CRMC employee, enroll in the course in HealthStream titled, “TNCC – Trauma Nursing Core Course”
- Part 1: Required Pre-course Work
- A TNCC course book is required for this course, and must be obtained at least 30 days prior to attending the course. These books are not part of the clinical education library. You will be provided with a course book that you can keep.
- Complete the online modules and pre-test:
- Visit the following website: ehcconsulting.net
- Once you’re on the site, click ‘TNCC’ (in list on right side of screen)
- On this page, you will be able to access student materials, including the instructions to complete the online modules, the pre-test with answers, and the course outline.
- Part 2: Live Course
- Instruction / Stations / Test
- Bring your pre-test score page to class. (You will not be allowed to attend class without your pre-test score page.)
- For class, wear comfortable, work-appropriate clothing.
- Be prepared to take an exam during the course. This exam will include information covered during the course.
- Students will be required to pass ‘skills station’ tests during the course.
- Instruction / Stations / Test
- Verification Card
- You will receive your card at the end of the course, provided that all the conditions of the course have been met.
Course ScheduleView Course Schedule
If you have questions or require further informaton about the course, please contact Paula Pyc (at (307) 996-4736 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or the course director, Janelle Hoem (at (307)996-4740 or email@example.com).