Cheyenne Regional strives to help nurses achieve certification and continued professional growth.
In order to help nurses achieve their national certifications, Cheyenne Regional has partnered with the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide certification exams and help eliminate financial barriers. For nurses who successfully complete their exams, Cheyenne Regional will be billed for the cost of the exams to prevent upfront costs for our nursing staff.Learn More about the Program
To apply for the ANCC ‘Success Pays’ Program, please complete the tuition reimbursement form and e-mail it to Heidi Tatum (at email@example.com).
- Approximately 6 months before you plan to take your exam, develop a study plan.
- Additional resources and certification prep courses can be found in the CE Center through HealthStream. For instructions to access it, visit the CE Center page.
- Once you have been approved by your manager for enrollment in the ANCC success pays program, please return your form or e-mail it to Heidi Tatum at Heidi.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your application is received, the Clinical Education department will provide you with the following:
- A pass code to register for the exam.
- Instructions on how to register for the exam.
- The ANCC certification General Testing and Renewal Handbook.
- You will need to set a date for your exam and choose an exam site. You’ll need to do this through the ANCC, and you will be required to submit all of your necessary documentation prior to getting approval to test.
- The various certifications may have different requirements. Below are examples of requirements:
- Proof of hours worked (the individual must have a minimum of 2,000 hours of clinical practice in a specialty area)
- Proof of years of nursing service (the individual must have practiced for the equivalent of 2 years as a full-time registered nurse)
- Proof of continuing education (CE) hours (the individual must have completed 30 hours of CE in his/her specialty area within the last three years)
- Once you have received authorization to take the exam, you will have 90 days to complete the exam. If you need to reschedule or cancel a test date, you will be charged a processing fee (that fee will not be paid for by CRMC).
- The certification exam is a computer based exam, taken at a testing site.
- You will have two attempts to pass.
- If you are unable to pass the exam by the second attempt, you will be responsible for the testing fee of $395. That fee will not be paid for by CRMC.
- If you do not pass the exam, you will be required to wait 60 days before attempting the exam again.
- A copy of your test results will be provided to you before you leave the testing center.
- Once you have successfully passed your exam, turn your certificate in to the Clinical Education department to validate your proof of completion.
Re-Certification & Renewal
The ANCC ‘Success Pays’ Program also helps to pay for the renewal of your certification. To renew your certification, please follow the steps below.
- Please complete the tuition reimbursement form and e-mail it to Heidi Tatum (at email@example.com).
- Follow the ANCC’s requirements for renewal.
- Once you have successfully renewed your certification, please turn your certificate in to the Clinical Education department to validate your proof of completion.
If you have questions or require more information about the ANCC ‘Success Pays’ Program, please contact Heidi Tatum (at (307) 996-4733 or firstname.lastname@example.org).