This course teaches basic adult CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation), AED (automated external defibrillator) use and techniques for relieving choking in an adult, child and infant. The course teaches students the critical skills and knowledge needed to respond to a medical emergency in the first few minutes until trained medical staff arrive.
Who should take this course?
Please note that this is not a BLS-certification course. This course is designed for ancillary staff members that have limited medical training. Please check your job description to determine which course fits your needs.
For non-CRMC employees, course fees are outlined below.
- HeartSaver – $50
- HeartSaver with First Aid – $80
Steps to Enroll
- CRMC employees
- Please register via your HealthStream account (the course is titled “HeartSaver Heartcode – CPR/AED”)
- Non-CRMC employees
- Please contact Paula Pyc (at (307) 996-4736 or email@example.com)
- Once you’ve registered for a course, an e-mail will be sent to you two (2) weeks prior to the course start date. It will contain vital information about what to expect in the class. Please make sure to check your email.
- The registration freeze for this course is two (2) weeks prior to the course date.
- Your AHA HeartSaver CPR/AED certification will expire two years from the last day of the month in which you completed the course.
Follow these steps to complete your HeartSaver CPR course
- Enroll in a First Aid course via HealthStream or by calling Clinical Education.
- Pre-Course Preparation
- Obtain a course manual (there are no prerequisites for this course).
- Course Manuals are available through CRMC’s AHA Library, and will be available to you one month prior to the start of your course.
- Course manuals may only be checked out through the Clinical Education Department (from CRMC’s AHA Library).
- Employees may not check out course manuals for other employees.
- On the day of the course, come prepared.
- Wear comfortable, work-appropriate clothing.
- Once you’ve completed your course, no further action is required.
- CRMC has switched to AHA e-cards for all initial certifications
- Upon successful completion of your Heartsaver CPR course, e-card viewing invitations will be emailed to your work email address within seven business days of the course date, unless otherwise noted by the instructor.
If you have further questions about the course, please contact Paula Pyc at (307) 996-4736 or firstname.lastname@example.org.