ACLS Blended Heartcode
ACLS Heartcode combines on-line learning with skills integration via a live course. Students will be issued on-line learning modules. After the completion of these on-line learning modules, the student will participate in a 6 hour, live skills integration portion. This course is recommended for those students that are renewing their certification and are familiar with course content. Students must hold a current ACLS certification to take this course.
BLS is offered in conjunction with this course offering. Opt-Out of BLS – If you DO NOT want to complete your BLS certification with your ACLS certification, you are NOT required to complete the “HeartCode BLS” link under your “To Do” tab. Please contact Paula Pyc (at (307) 996-4736 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have your “HeartCode BLS” link removed from your HealthStream account. The BLS skills session is an integrated part of this ACLS class and opting-out will NOT decrease in-class time or permit early class dismissal.
For Non-CRMC employees or employees that do not require this course as part of the job description:
- ACLS Course fee: $195.00 (Book fee not included. Books can be checked out by hospital employees)
- ACLS Book fee: $45.00
- ACLS Pocket Reference: $15.00
Steps to Enroll
CRMC employees: Please register via your HealthStream Account (Search “ACLS” under catalog). The course title is ACLS w/BLS (optional) – Heartcode.
Non-CRMC employees: Please contact Paula Pyc at (307) 996-4736 or email@example.com
Preparing for your class, vital information:
- Once you’ve registered for a course, an e-mail will be sent to you two (2) weeks prior to the course start date. It will contain vital information about what to expect in the class. Please make sure to check your email.
- In order to obtain an ACLS book please refer to our Learning Library. http://www.cheyenneregional.org/careers/nursing-education/classroom-availability/
- Complete the online pre-test located in your HealthStream account.
- Complete the on line overviews and eSims located in your HealthStream account.
- Complete the evaluation located in your HealthStream account.
- Print the certificate of completion and bring to class.
- Choose “ Instructor-led Hands-on session.” In HealthStream.
- Heartcode assignments are only valid 60 days from activiation. Your skills session(s) must be completed within this timeframe or you will be required to complete the curriculum again.
- You will NOT be allowed to attend class WITHOUT submitting a paper copy of your ACLS Certificate of Completion PRIOR to the start of class. No exceptions.
- You will not receive your BLS certification without submitting a paper copy of your BLS Certificate of Completion prior to the start of class. No exceptions.
If you have further questions regarding the course, Please contact Paula Pyc at (307) 996-4736 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the course director, Jessica Bucholz at (307) 996-4741 or email@example.com.