In the event of inclement weather or instructor emergency, Clinical Education will post a course status update to our SharePoint site. To check if a course has been cancelled, please click on the link below.
Classrooms doors will be locked fifteen minutes after a course’s scheduled start time. Once classroom doors are locked, students will not be allowed entrance and will need to reschedule and take the course at a later date/time. According to the American Heart Association, the American Association of Pediatricians, the Crisis Prevention Institute, and the Emergency Nurses Association all course material must be presented in-full to participants in order for successful completion of a course.
No-Shows / Canceling a Course
We understand that situations may occur that prevent you from being able to attend a course. Please review and familiarize yourself with the guidelines below.
- CRMC employees
- Employees may enroll in a course and later drop it via their HealthStream account at any time prior to the registration freeze date.
- Prior to the freeze date
- In order to effectively enable students to complete the necessary pre-course work, a registration freeze will be initiated for courses (anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks before a course’s start date). Freeze dates are different for every course, so please check your course for details. Once the freeze date is reached, you will not be able to enroll or un-enroll from a course. Please contact the course director or Paula Pyc (at (307) 996-4736 / firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need to speak with someone.
- After the freeze date
- If you need to drop the course once the freeze has already begun, please contact the course director (or Paula Pyc) to withdraw from the course.
- If an employee does not show up to a course that he or she has enrolled in, a notification of the no-show will be sent that employee’s supervisor.
- Non-CRMC employees
- A student who cancels / drops a course with at least 24-hours notice prior to a course’s scheduled start time will be issued a full refund. (Please contact Paula Pyc to drop the course).
- However, if the course is dropped or cancelled with less than 24-hours notice prior to the course’s scheduled start time, the student will not be issued a refund. In this case, the course payment is transferrable for a future course registration.
- If the student does not show up or call to cancel a course, he or she will not be eligible for a refund or registration fee transfer.